Author Topic: Michael Rother - Biography  (Read 617 times)

ObiwanKenomi

• Administrator
  • See See The Sun
    • View Profile
Michael Rother - Biography
« on: January 13, 2016, 03:45:54 PM »
A short Bio on Michael Rother:

Michael Rother is a guitarplayer from Germany and came out of the Krautrock scene. He was born in 1950 in Hamburg, Germany. He grew up and went to school in Munich Germany, Wilmslow England and Karachi Pakistan.

Between 1965 and 1971 he was a member of a German band called Spirits of Sound, which originated from a town called Duesseldorf. In 1971 he became a member of Kraftwerk in the line-up with Florian Schneider, Klaus Dinger and Michael Rother. With Kraftwerk he did some concerts and some TV appearances. With Conny Plank as producer they did some recordings for a second Kraftwer album, recordings which untill now have never been released.

In 1971 he and Klaus Dinger left Kraftwerk and started the band Neu, which recorded 3 LP's between 1971 and 1975.

Between 1973 and 1976 he also was a member from a band called Harmonia, together with Dieter Moebius and Hans-Joachim Roedelius. They recorded 2 LP's and did severall tours in Germany and outside Germany
Music was my first love and still an important part of my life.

ObiwanKenomi

• Administrator
  • See See The Sun
    • View Profile
Re: Michael Rother - Biography
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 03:46:14 PM »
In 1977 Michael was invited to join David Bowie for the recording of David's album Heroes, together with Brian Eno, but unfirtunately this collaboration never took place.

In 1977 his first solo albaum "Flammende Herzen" was released. I still keep this LP in my record collection on original vinyl. Michael recorded severall soloalbums since. In 1980 he installed his own studio, which was named after the titles of his albums.

Between 1985 and 1986, he and Klaus Dinger did some recording sessions for a fourth Neu album. This material was released in 1995 for the Japenese Market by Klaus Dinger.

In 1993 Michael founded his own record label called Random Records and started to re-release his back catalogue on CD, with the addition of some bonus material recorded bewteen 1988 and 1992.

Michael worked on severall projects since. In 2004 he released his 9th soloalbum called Remeber.

For full details on Michael Rother take a look at: http://www.michaelrother.de/en/
Music was my first love and still an important part of my life.